Fire Ant Control
The way to effectively manage fire ants is to have a proven strategy. As our name implies, we know fire ants. Since 2001, we have made our customers happy by effectively managing the fire ants that invade their property.
The red imported fire ant (RIFA) was introduced to the United States when they arrived in Mobile, Alabama from South America around the 1920’s. This species has had an enormous impact in the southeastern United States and has moved into such areas as: Greenville, Pickens, Anderson, Oconee, Laurens and Spartanburg. The FDA estimates that more than $5 billion is spent annually on medical treatment, damage, and fire ant control of RIFA infested areas.
Fire Ants create many problems for the Homeowner. The damage they bring can be both physical and monetary.
- They can cause painful stings to you, your children and your pets. These stings have been known to cause allergic reactions, anaphylactic shock, and in the most sever cases can even be life threatening.
- They can do serious damage to outside electrical equipment such as pool motors, HVAC systems, outdoor lighting, etc.
- They create an unsightly yard with the fire ant mounds dotting your landscape.
- An infestation has been known to lower property values.
In the Commercial setting, fire ant control is very important in order to provide a safe environment for both employees and customers. By having a control plan in place:
- You may avert having to pay for an individual's medical expenses.
- You may avert having your property closed due to the fire ant infestation being a health hazard. (Athletic Fields, Rec Centers, etc.)
- You may avert "down" time due to machinery repairs.
- You may potentially reduce landscaping / lawncare costs.
The FDA estimates that fire ants cause an annual loss of approximately $750 million in damages to agricultural assets, including vet bills and livestock loss as well as crop loss. An infestation of fire ants on your property can cause:
- Loss of tourism.
- Loss of livestock.
- Loss of wildlife.
- Loss of infrastructure (Electrical Equipment, Farm machinery, etc.)
We at FAS Pest Management are highly trained in fire ant management programs. We use only EPA approved products with the least environmental impact. We strongly believe in protecting our environment while at the same time giving our customers the best results possible with the products currently available on the market today. At FAS Pest Management, fire ant control solutions are tailored to meet the needs of each customer.
Our Residential and Commercial Pest Control Services available in:
Gastonia, North Carolina to Clover, Greer, Greenville, Fountain Inn, Piedmont, Anderson, Easley, Liberty, Central, Clemson, Seneca, Westminster, Six Mile and Pickens in South Carolina to name a few. It encompasses several counties: York County, Pickens County, Oconee County, Greenville County, Spartanburg and Anderson County.